My Blog List

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Where I'm From

I am from a place where nightly dinners make the house smell like a restaurant.
I am from a place that is comfortable and relaxing as you listen to the running water of the koi pond outside in the backyard.
I am from a place that has a yard big enough to run and play in the backyard.
I am from a place where there is constant bickering between myself and my brother and where my dog barks at the strangers driving up the street.
I am from a place that looks vacant, where everything is in order with a lot of open space.
I am from a place that lives deep in my heart because the people I love live there and this place is what I call my home.

4 comments:

  1. Having grown up on a farm, and then moving to town for awhile, I understand that backyards are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your description of your home, especially the part about hearing the pond! Is that a picture of your house at the bottom? If so, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love home too :) I'm assuming that picture is your house? It is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this poem alot because it gives me a good sense of how you grew up!

    ReplyDelete