My Blog List

Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Love

I have a love for glistening objects,
For ice cream and school projects.
I get scared when I see three-legged insects,
But I get excited when I see full bottles of Windex.
I get hungry when I see string cheese,
But crave it no more when I feel a breeze.
I cringe at the thought of something rusty
That it became that way because it got old and dusty.
I tremble when I remember eating those green leaves
But now those things have become one of my pet peeves.
I adore the smell of burning tires
And of chipped wood that belongs in fires.
But all I really love is a few hundred diamonds.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Windex line! It made me laugh in the middle of the student center, so good job!
    And the diamonds... so pretty! This was a really cute poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the windex line too! ... and at the part about getting hungry when there was a breeze! This is really funny Courtney! I also like how you juxtapose rusty images and burning tires with glittery diamonds!

    ReplyDelete