My Blog List

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My First Teaching Experience

Tomorrow is the first time that I will be teaching a math lesson to a classroom of students. This makes me very nervous because I'm not sure that I am ready to start teaching children things that they will need to know for the rest of their lives. Thankfully I am co-teaching with a peer in my class to help me get my thoughts through to the students if I am not able to explain something right to allow them to understand. I am scared because I am afraid that the students are not going to understand the lesson that I am teaching them. It is hard to start teaching because I am not exactly sure how much they know in terms of fractions in math and if they are not very knowledgeable of the topic, I am afraid that I am not going to have the right information to give to them to learn. I feel that it is going to be better when I am more comfortable with my students and their knowledge on the topic, but it hard when I haven't even been able to observe one of their math classes thus far in the semester. I think that once I am in front of the students tomorrow, I will feel more comfortable when the students grasp the concept easily and have fun and learn from the lesson that we present. From my first experiences in the classroom, I know I will learn from them and they will help me become a better teacher throughout the years. I know that I could make a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes and I think that people learn best from their mistakes.

1 comment: